Records of the Barbers' Company
Reference: DCG 1
Dates of creation: -1962
Extent: 9 volumes; 6 files
Records of the Durham City Barbers' company, first incorporated as the Barber-surgeons and Wax-makers on 20 February 1469, and from before the mid 17th century also including the Ropers and Stringers, and known thereafter as the Barbers, Stringers and Ropers, can be viewed via the Special Collections Catalogue.
Ordinary (17th-century copy), 1469.
|Minutes:||1617-1627, 1647-1879, 1895-1896, 1914, 1925-1927, 1954, 1962|
|Admissions and freemen:||1615-1878|
|Minutes of Freemen's Trustees||1806-1808, 1897|
|Union Hall Farm dividend accounts:||1808-1941|